Now Accepting Applications!
APPLY NOW: Durham Breastfeeding Family Friendly Communities will recognize local businesses, childcare providers, health care providers, insurance providers, community organizations, emergency service departments, nonprofit organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, and others that support breastfeeding families. Breastfeeding Friendly Organizations are entities that truly welcome breastfeeding families by treating breastfeeding families well, never asking them to leave, cover up, or move. Organizations who have been granted the Breastfeeding Family Friendly Award can proudly display the “Breastfeeding Welcome Here” window sticker.
Breastfeeding Friendly Business Award
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Awards
- More Information: The NC Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Designation home page includes general and relevant information.
- To apply, click on the link above and open the Revised Application.
- Handout: There also is an informational one-pager created by the NC BFCC team that might be helpful.
Breastfeeding Friendly Health Care Providers
- Click here to Apply for the Breastfeeding Friendly Health Care Award
- Resources for Health Professionals from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Resource assembled by medical professionals that live and work in North Carolina
- Protocols from the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- How To Have a Breastfeeding Friendly Practice
- Ten Steps to Support Parents’ Choice to Breastfeed Their Baby
Breastfeeding Friendly Community Organization and Nonprofits
This website is under construction and improvement. Please feel free to send feedback and questions to email@example.com.