The Breastfeeding Family Friendly Communities initiative began in Chapel Hill and Carrboro with the support and coordinated efforts of a representative team from the Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute (CGBI), the Chapel Hill Rotary Club, the Towns of Carrboro and Chapel Hill, La Leche League of Chapel Hill, and the Chapel Hill/Carrboro Chamber of Commerce, and later expanded to include Orange County Health Department, Inter-Faith Council for Social Service, North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition and others in and around the area. Read More
In Durham, the Breastfeeding Family Friendly Communities initiative began with the combined efforts of representatives from the Durham Women’s Council, Durham Connects, and La Leche League of Durham. The initiative is growing. Currently, the BFFC team consists of representatives from Durham Women’s Council, Durham Connects, La Leche League of Durham, Moms Rising, Duke University Health System (DUSH). Read More
Creating a New Community
- View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community Designation
- View the Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community Self-Appraisal of approaches and measures.
- Download the Global Criteria.
- Download an example of a Business application.
- Download the Health Care Provider application.
- Download example proclamations: Carrboro/Chapel Hill Proclamation or Durham Proclamation.
- Download an Example Door/Window Cling.
Contact: Kathleen Anderson at 919-624-0230 / email@example.com.