- Beyond Birth Lactation with Leslie Stern (accepts insurance)
- Durham Connects — Family Connects . Once you get your appointment, if you need something before the appointment, call at (919) 385-0777.
- Emerald Doulas (fee-based)
- Family Connects Durham: Free to every family who lives in Durham county with an infant less than 3 months of age. Includes a home visit from a nurse/IBCLC to answer questions, assess your health and your baby’s health and connect your family to resources in the community.
- HUG Your Baby with Jan Tedder, RN, FNP. IBCLC, for lactation consultation and parent education
- TriangleMindfulBirthing Lorraine Rocco, Comprehensive Lactation Consulting, RN, IBCLC, TriMindful@gmail.com, 919-389-3080 (fee-based)
- Women’s Birth and Wellness Center in Chapel Hill (accepts insurance and Medicaid)
- Durham La Leche League:Meetings provide a safe place for breastfeeding support in a friendly, accepting atmosphere. These free meetings are led by volunteer Leaders, who are experienced with breastfeeding and are accredited by La Leche League International. Children are welcome. Bring your questions and experience. 2nd Monday Of Each Month at 6:30 P.M.; 2nd Thursday Of Each Month at 10:00 A.M.; 3rd Thursday Of Each Month at 10:30 A.M.
- Emerald Doulas: Emerald Doulas, LLC is a full-service birth and postpartum doula agency. Offering childbirth education, highly skilled and compassionate birth doulas, educated and experienced postpartum doulas, placenta encapsulation services, workshops and classes for new parents, siblings and grandparents, doula mentorship opportunities, and prenatal, postnatal and babywearing fitness and yoga classes.New Moms Groups, Moms of Color Group, Perinatal Mood Group, New Dads Meet-up, LGBTQ New Parent Group, Weekly New Parent Hangout
- Nursing Mothers of Raleigh: We’ll help you meet your breastfeeding goals – whatever they may be. As fellow parents, we listen and offer judgement-free support. As Counseling Mothers, we offer guidance on what to do next. All of our Counseling Mothers started just like you – in need of support. Now, our volunteers range from new moms to those with 40 years of experience and IBCLC credentials. Services are always free of charge.
- Wakemed Breastfeeding Support Groups: We offer an open, supportive forum to talk about the challenges and joys of breastfeeding as well as an opportunity to weigh your baby. The breastfeeding support group meets in three location and this can be a nice option for Durham families that live near the board of Wake County.
- Womens Birth and Wellness Center Breastfeeding Cafe: Meet up with your friends and make new ones at our drop-in café! There will be an IBCLC on hand to answer basic breastfeeding questions and provide information. Second and fourth Fridays of the month from 10:30 a.m – noon. Everyone! Babies and children welcome; you do not need to be a WBWC patient to attend. Free!
- Amy, Counseling Mother, NMR (919-438-2208)
- Amy Veatch, IBCLC, NMR (919-264-7977)
- Andrea, Durham LLL Leader (919-491-7369)
- Elaina, Counseling Mother, NMR (919-559-8689)
- Jahmekya, Durham LLL Leader (573-397-1101)
- Jasmine, Durham LLL Leader (919-357-2193)
- Jennifer,Durham LLL Leader (919-321-8407)
- Jessy, Counseling Mother, NMR (919-809-9485)
- Kathleen, Durham LLL Leader (919-624-0230)
- Lauren, Durham LLL Leader (631-521-6181)
- Love, Durham LLL Leader (919-622-8787)
- Mary Overfield, IBCLC, NMR (919-847-4903)
- Sunshine, Durham LLL Leader (919-491-7042)
- Appalachian Breastfeeding Network Have a breastfeeding question? This After Hours Breastfeeding Helpline is happening nightly! Call and speak with a real breastfeeding expert – meaning ALL of our staff is IBCLC, CLC, or CLS certified! It is free and anyone can call! We are open nightly 4:30 pm to 8:30 am (888-588-3423).
- Family Connects Durham: Once you get your appointment, if you need feeding or immediate support resources before the appointment, call at (919) 385-0777. (FREE to everyone)
To comment, suggestions, additions, and improvements contact Durham BFFC Team.